9 Nov 2011

Memorable Quotations from last night's Creative Social

Attended a Creative Social event at LBi London last night entitled "Creative Looting", all about where ideas come from, and where the line between inspiration and stealing lies.

Some memorable phrases from the night, some very much paraphrased:

"Bet he could top cosmic boy!" - a perhaps unintentionally homoerotic frame from one of Tom  Eslinger's childhood comics.

"Put ideas into the client's head so they think that they thought of it" - Liz Sivell gets underhand inspiration from Derren Brown.

"[The] PC is the LSD of the 90s" - Timothy Leary, via Andy Sandoz.

"Keep digging" - Dave Bedwood on finding ideas. Which made Tool's "Stinkfist" run through my head for most of the rest of the evening.

I'll keep digging 'til I feel something...
Elbow deep inside the borderline
Show me that you love me and that we belong together


"The Apprentice is the ultimate MacGuffin" - me, while listening to Nathan Cooper go through the 7 types of story (tragedy, comedy, monster, voyage, quest, rags-to-riches, and rebirth). Think about it - no-one remotely gives a shit who gets to work with Lord Sugar, that's just a device on which to hang their grotesque personalities and ego struggles.

Last word for Dave Bedwood, I think.

"You just have to be good".

Thanks to LBi for the free beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment