30 Nov 2011

Where Out Of This World?

Like Muller before them, here's another client spunking what I can only imagine is a truckload of money on a massive big brand tie-in (though I note that they have to plug the new Star Wars DVD, too) - with little thought actually going in to creating a memorable ad.



It basically consists of "imagine if Darth Vader was the boss of PC World", and that's it. None of the ideas are especially amusing, from the crushed car to the boiling drink (note the obvious cutaway) to the haircut.

"Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them" says Vader of his staff. The scriptwriters clearly couldn't think of any, so just said something about a laptop and left it at that. Surely someone at M&C Saatchi could do better?

I'd suggest how to improve it, but I've never seen Star Wars, so I'm not the best person to ask.

Simon Pegg has seen Star Wars though. This is what he thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment