9 Mar 2012

O2 - could be the longest minute of your life

Well sometimes I analyse ads on their business strategy, sometimes on their execution, or the acting, or the overall creative strategy. Other times I might take an amateurish look at the behavioural economics employed.

I'd like to give this advert, by VCCP, the same courtesy. But I can't get beyond the first 10 seconds without the single thought "oh God please just make her shut the fuck up" overriding all others in my mind, and blindly reaching for the mute button like an asthmatic for their inhaler.


This may be one of those occasions where I'm on my own. But is there really anyone who would hear the winsome trilling about "ticky-tacky boxes" and think to themselves "ooh, this is an advert I'm going to pay attention to right until the end"?

No comments:

Post a Comment