19 Aug 2011

Back to school

Last week I was offered a place at the School of Communication Arts on their vocational diploma in advertising. I was having a hard time decided if I was going to be able to afford it, but they awarded me a part scholarship which tipped the balance, so I resigned from my job (where I've worked for 3 years and 8 months) and will start in September.


My notice period ends the Thursday before I start the course, so while I suspect many if not most of the students will be refreshed after a summer break, perhaps with a nice graduation celebration holiday, I will have had a long weekend to adjust and prepare. They want me to read books, too. I'll have to try to do that while staying awake on the tube I suppose.

So lots of work, lots of debt, uncertain prospects. Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment