19 Aug 2011

We can solve the problem you didn't know you had

The classic "invent a new problem, convince people they have it, and offer a solution at an attractive price" sales method (see "BO" and "halitosis" from the good old days) is still going strong, it seems, with a little help from Vanish.


"Everyone loves fresh laundry, but washing at low temperatures doesn't always kill bacteria, so your laundry may not be as clean as it looks. You need Vanish Extra Hygiene because detergent alone might not be enough."


Do I? I've been using detergent alone for years and I don't think I'm any more diseased than the next man. But then I eat things off dirty floors; I couldn't care less.

Apparently "The new variant was developed following research which revealed that 49% of people worry about bacteria remaining on their laundry" according to mad.co.uk. But you can bet it was in response to the question "do you worry about bacteria remaining on your laundry?" and not "how do you feel about your laundry - do you have any worries?"

It all reminds me of this...


No comments:

Post a Comment