1 Aug 2011

Plusnet LOCAL LOCAL LOCAL FOR LOCAL PEOPLE

Have a simple message, and repeat it over and over again. It can be tiresome, but if you do it with humour, no one will mind. This one manages to use the word "local" 13 times, all in a distinctive regional brogue (produced by Karmarama)


It makes me wonder how the technique could be applied elsewhere. Cars???

Dark. An alarm goes off and a bedside light switches on. Man talks to camera.


Man: I rely on my alarm clock. It never lets me down (we see 2 fully dressed schoolkids and a dog holding a lead, waiting impatiently at the foot of the bed. The man continues, oblivious). I always rely on my kids (pats them on head) to keep me up-to-date with what's trendy (he puts on a Rhydian t-shirt). And we rely on Brutus here to leave the burglars at bay (leaves room with kids and dog, as he closes door we briefly see a man with crowbar and holdall behind it. The man comes downstairs to the kitchen or perhaps lounge). But even if the worst happened, I know I can rely on my good lady wife to get us the best quote on our insurance (he kisses his wife, who is at a computer playing internet bingo). You never used to trust the weatherman (gestures at TV where map shows sun everywhere), but now he's Mr Reliability (leaves house, still in t-shirt, into pouring rain, perhaps even snow). But even with all that, I'm lucky if my car starts (gets in, turns key, engine starts. Pause). Oh, it did it this time. But it won't tomorrow. I just have this... sense about it.

Voiceover (as car drives off): If only everything in life etc etc...

Then repeat same advert, except with a cynic who says you can't rely on anything even though it all patently works. Needs some work, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment