25 Jan 2012

Heinz whistle

At Sir John Hegarty's talk to SCA students last night, he said "find facts and build your communication around that fact". Great advice, but sometimes you can see creatives casting around desperately for some behavioural truth to dramatise, even if it isn't the most meaningful or emotional. In this slot for AMV BBDO, they've alighted on the fact that people blow on soup before putting it in their mouths.


Can you guess the tune? It was so disjointed I couldn't pick it out, and I'd count myself as pretty musical. If you recognised it as "Love Me Tender", then I'm impressed.

But apart from that, I'm just not convinced it's the strongest product truth. And while I know plenty of people who blow on their soup, I'm not aware of anyone whistling while they do it.

It tries to be feelgood but comes out forced.

No comments:

Post a Comment