23 Jan 2012

Snickers - popular with homosexuals*

*I, of course, am asexual, for the purposes of this blog.

But I thought I would continue the theme of featuring ads that had been mentioned by friends of mine, with no outside prompting. This AMV BBDO slot for Snickers, featuring Joan Collins and Stephanie Beacham, was featured on the wall of a somewhat fabulous friend, with the comment "JUST SAW THE JOAN COLLINS STEPHANIE BEECHAM SNICKERS ADVERT AND CAME ALL OVER THE LIVING ROOM!!!!"


It is quite a wonderful thing, I have to admit. So many of the ads I've featured previously have squandered promising premises on poor, thoughtless execution. But this allies a marvelously bizarre initial setup with good lines and good acting.

Just ask yourself, how would you replace Mr T with Joan Collins as the face of your ad campaign while still keeping the creative strategy exactly the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment